Saturday, August 14, 2010

Thinking of him reminds me of the past,
and of times I thought would forever last.
Memories of lips I used to taste,
and every smile he put on my face.
It's been a few years since way back when,
now we're actually talking again.
I remember the last time we met,
of something so incredible I can never forget.
It meant more to me than his careless lies,
only because I remember those amazing eyes.
Lately I think of him night and day,
even of the games he used to play.
He seems to have changed his mind,
after so long when he couldn't be mine.
I find myself texting him more and more,
as if it seems there's an open door.
Maybe to a second chance,
don't let it be too good to last.
I don't want to sound extremely lame,
but don't let this be another game.
The more I stay up late talking to you,
I can't help but wonder: do you love me too?